- This event has passed.
GSUSA Girl Scouts Give Back: Letter-Writing Service Project
January 25 - June 1
Girl Scouts Give Back:
Letter-Writing Service Project
The idea is simple: girls write letters to people in nursing homes, senior residences, and assisted living facilities, including the dedicated staff and caregivers. This long-distance hug is a way to share your good thoughts with these vulnerable and loved community members.
Here’s how it works:
- Ask your girls (and their friends!) to write letters to senior and caretakers using our tips (PDF).
- You can mail letters to one of the facilities (PDF) or reach out to a local assisted living center and find out how they would like to receive your troop’s letters. You could collect and deliver them (using no-contact practices), have girls mail them individually, or even deliver them via email. Don’t forget to include a note to tell the staff about the letters you’re sending (DOC).
- Take a picture of your letter packet and post it to your social media networks using #GirlScoutsGiveBack (and be sure to tag us @girlscouts).
- Don’t forget to come back here and log the number of letters to add them to the national campaign! Let’s see how many letters of love and care our Movement can send!
- To recognize your troop’s participation with a patch, check out this Girl Scouts Give Back patch.