- This event has passed.
GSUSA Honoring Changemakers Service Project
January 25 - March 31
Girl Scouts Give Back:
Honoring our Everyday Changemakers
Small acts of kindness and gratitude can have an incredible impact on your community! And through this national service project, inspired by the Becoming Me program series, Girl Scouts can pay it forward by recognizing the people in their communities who have supported them in finding their unique paths.
Here’s how you can take part:
- Think about the people who support and inspire you. They might be teachers, parents, or any individuals serving your community and supporting others. Talk about why it’s important that we honor people who support us. Use our discussion guide to help you get started,
- Once you’ve decided on one person you’d like to honor, decide how you (and your troop) will show your gratitude. You could write a letter to tell the person what their support has meant to you or you could support a cause they champion—check out the discussion guide (PDF) for more ways to give thanks.
- Reflect on the experience of recognizing this person. How did it feel for you? How did they react? Were your actions responded to by others in your community? How so?
Once your troop has completed the service project, remember to:
- Inspire others to give back. Post a photo of your project on social media using the hashtag #GirlScoutsGiveBack. Be sure to tag @girlscouts too.
- Complete a survey so your troop’s impact can be counted in our national service project documentation.
- Take part in the Becoming Me program series to earn three badges that help you explore your story and the power of your voice. You can even receive a patch.