An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Friday, repeating until December 11, 2020
Join Girl Scouts of Northern California staff members and volunteers for a Sonoma County Virtual Welcome Troop . By the end of the 4-meeting series, parents will be ready to lead the troop! By signing up for this meeting, you are signing up for all remaining meetings in the series as well.
What is a Welcome Troop?
The virtual Welcome Troop is a temporary troop. Families from Sonoma County gather into one Welcome Troop group where they will attend a series of 4 meetings, have fun, work together, learn about Girl Scouts, and with the assistance of GSNorCal staff and local experienced volunteers, form new troops at your school.
Each meeting ends with a mandatory grown-up meeting to plan the subsequent meeting and choose roles.
• Your girl(s) get an immediate Girl Scout experience and are not waiting for a troop to form or open up to new members. They start having fun right away and make new friends in their local community.
• The grown-ups become familiar with Girl Scouts and are connected to local volunteers and witness troop leadership modeled by experienced Troop Leaders who are there to help them get started.
• Families get to know each other and can work together to form a troop(s) that meets their needs and works with their schedules.
• Adults and girls must register after the 1st meeting as Girl Scout members and adults will complete an online background screening (one adult must participate with each girl).
• The Welcome Troop is open to all K grade girls and their parent/caregiver.
Meetings will occur using a secure Zoom platform. The registered adult must be present during the meetings and adults will help during the meetings and monitor girls’ online participation. A link will be emailed following Zoom registration. Please contact email@example.com with questions or if you don’t receive the link.
Register for the event here: http://www.tinyurl.com/GSNCWT