- This event has passed.
IMPACT Bay Area: Girl Scouts Empowerment Self-Defense Workshop (Online)
June 5, 2021 @ 11:00 am - June 6, 2021 @ 12:30 pm PDT$60
Saturday, June 5 & Sunday, June 6
11am-12:30pm each day
Boost your confidence and safety skills while connecting with other Girl Scouts! This weekend workshop is designed to prepare you as you gain more independence and engage in new kinds of social situations. Get ready for an empowering, interactive workshop — you’ll have opportunities to practice in realistic role-play scenarios against a mock assailant.
You’ll learn and practice:
- Internal skills for recognizing unsafe situations using intuition and threat assessment
- Effective strategies for setting boundaries with strangers, acquaintances, and peers
- Assertive body language and “self-defense voice” (aka yelling)
- Verbal strategies to de-escalate and deter assault and harassment
- Legalities of physical self-defense in the state of California
- Simple, effective physical self-defense strikes
Register Online Here: https://www.impactbayarea.org/public_classes